Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Thursday That Felt Like a Friday.

I've been asking myself a lot of "Why do I like this? Why, why, why. What, what, what." So maybe this post will clear my head a little, and hey, it might even get you thinking a little.
Why do I love art so much? What's the reason I love to draw, and what does it do later for me?
-Art opens up windows for me, and other people too.
-Without art, the world would be less colorful.
-Art brings happiness into people's lives.
-Art makes people think.
-When there's a viewpoint in a sketch or painting, when there's something interesting to ponder, to draw your eye, sometimes that can change everything.
-Art makes me realize how imperfect people are, how different people are. And that makes me happy.
-Other people's art makes me see their perspective, and my art lets them see mine, and helps me understand my head and my point of view a little more clearly. Cause sometimes even I don't understand.

What do I stand for? What do I believe in?
I stand for love.
-God is love, so more love.
-The love of my life.
-Art.
-People. And the truth of people.
-Outcasts. The people with one parent. The people who have fought to keep both. The gays. The teenage parents. The ignored. The misunderstood. The ones that are strong enough to make something of themselves despite how they grew up, and sometimes the ones that never could. The rebels. The people that shake things up. The stoners. The party-non stop people. Not the Christians, the Christ-followers (as Lauren says). The people that are bright deep down inside, but who you would never know it unless you found out yourself. The people who are beautiful underneath, but sometimes not always on the surface.
-I stand for books.
-And animal rights.
-And equality.
-Believing.
-Downright ridiculous imagination.
-History.
-Weakness. I stand for weakness. Because from weakness sprouts bravery.
-Getting up off your knees, but being able to lower yourself to them too.
-I believe in fighting about who loves who more, and proving it.
-I believe in adoration.
-Beauty and ugliness.
-I stand for friendships.
-I believe in loving enemies.
-I stand for imperfections, and the beauty of different people that vary and vary and vary.
-I stand for a cause worth fighting for.
~~
Lately I'm just drawing, drawing, drawing. And most of the time I'm super proud of them. Hey, maybe that's Aristotle doing his job! I just drew this of me and Tanner love.

And it legitimately looks like us too! Aren't we so cute? Yes, we are completely adorable. Thank you.
It was the first time I ever drew me. It was weird and super difficult.
I was always intimidated by drawing my Tanner, but all of a sudden I was like. Screw it. I'm drawing us. And it turned out splendidly!
Some of the songs that I've been listening to that make my brain click together-
Grenade by Bruno Mars. Come on, those lyrics are genius. And the singer reminds me of my cousin. And I always forget how much I love this song.
(DON'T LAUGH). Much Better by the Jonas Brothers. Now I am not utterly taken with the Jo Bros, but there was a time when I was. But my iTunes was on shuffle and this song was on so I just let it play, and the lyrics came on, "Now I've got some enemies. And they're all friends suddenly. BFF's eternally. But I'm not bitter." And I was like, WHOA. I guess I never got it before, and suddenly I just got it and I loved those lyrics. I was meaning to put them as a post title, but I could never fit it anywhere.
Lions by LIGHTS. I love love love love love love love love loveeee this song. With all my heart. For every single reason. There's not one part of this song I don't love. I mean, every single lyric is so true.

Well, Lauren is bugging me to draw her and Hunter like I did me and myne one and only. So I better get to it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of you and Tanner. SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete