Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chrysostom

Lately I have been thinking about going in a bathroom with scissors and...
Chopping all my hair off by myself.
I desperately love Emma Watson's short hair. And lately I really miss my short hair. But I want short hair that I don't have to do something too. When I mean short, I don't mean like it is now. My hair comes to about my shoulders, and I dunno, I guess I consider that still short. But I mean like, chop it all off. Again. I did it last summer, if you remember the pictures. But I always did something to it, and looking back I don't really like long bangs with my short hair. So if I were to chop all of it off, it would all be the same length. And the thing is, I really liked my short hair, and I like my long hair, and when I cut all my hair off, I never have trouble growing it out. Firstly, my hair grows pretty fast. Secondly, I just don't mind taking time and waiting for it to get long again. I haven't cut my hair in about a year (yes, I have splendid split ends), and it doesn't even seem like it's been a year to me. I just don't have trouble with waiting for it at all.
And I was also thinking today... It would be so grand to grow old. I was on facebook today (shocker) and I saw that one of my friends friend had died. And I didn't know if I knew him or not, so I was kind of spazzing. So I went to this kid's facebook page. And I'm not even kidding you when I say kid. He had a girlfriend, he'd just graduated from high school, and his last status was from yesterday saying that he was with the people he loved most, his girlfriend and family. (That sounds really stalkerish. It's not like that, I swear.) And everyone was posting on his now neglected facebook page, saying stuff like "R.I.P." and "I'm so glad I knew you dude" and "God just needed one more good person with him" and stuff like that. I never knew this guy. I just knew he was my friends friend from this one city I go to yearly. And even though I didn't know him, I felt really sad about it.
And even though he died at such a young age, he had an impact on at least one person. Because this young guy who I don't even remember what his name was, or what he looked like, made me realize that it really would be a grand thing to grow old. I love my Mimi and Granddad so much.



These are the people I'd like to grow old like. And my Aunt Millie of course, she's the coolest old person ever. But my Mimi always listens to me and gives me some perspective without being in the middle of the situation. She's always baking, cookies and pies and stuff. My Granddad loves to make chili, it's the best. My Granddad is probably one of the most influential guys in my life right now. He's one of those people that doesn't have to say I love you, because you can just see it in his face. He can be extremely moody and stubborn, but he's one of the best people I know. I love my Mimi and Granddad so much. They mean the world to me.
And yes, that baby is me. Am I adorable or what?
Anyway, I think it would be such an amazing gift to grow old like these grandparents did, and still are. I don't think I could mind the wrinkles and grey hair, when I remember that I got the gift of growing old with the person I love most, when some people don't get to.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. Growing old is a great gift. I'm looking forward to growing old and seeing what you become. So proud of your thoughts, kiddo. Lyx2

    ReplyDelete