Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Cause You're Not Alone, Cause You're Here With Me. And Nothing's Ever Gonna Take Us Down.

This post goes out to all my best friends in the whole entire world. More and more I realize the true value I have in them. The world is pretty scummy sometimes, and sometimes that hides the beauty in it. The more idiot people I meet in this world, the more stupid things that happen, makes me more and more thankful that I have real and genuine people to help me through it and keep laughing. And the things that happen to them, I can comfort them because I know they need me like I need them. We all love each other so much. I'm so glad that God uses bad situations to make me realize how thankful and grateful I am, and to make me realize how good I have it. Now I don't know if all my friends will read this. I know Lauren probably will, Tanner might. But doubtless of who will read this, I'm posting it anyway. Because it means something. And it's special. And it's a gift from God. And it's love.



This is Tanner. He's the crazy one of the bunch, or one of them. He's always willing to do something insane, and everyone's always happy when he's around. He's the happy aura. He is a loving and committed person. Even if you think he might give up on you, he never does. He'll never leave you alone. He doesn't let your appearance or your past get in the way of what he thinks about you, even though people often do it about him. He loves to help people. He hates my Nantucket lemonade that I love so much, but he buys it for me anyway. He loves pandas and unicorns and glass. His eyes change color depending on what he's wearing, what mood he's in, and what the weather's like. He makes people laugh and smile. He's the most creative and talented person I know. He's stubborn, and you can't make him see something. He has to see things on his own. But when he sees it,  he does something about it. He's passionate and extremely committed. He always gets what I'm saying, he always understands me. My favorite thing in the world is to paint or draw with him. He's gentle. He's inspiring. He's the best and most himself kind of different there could ever be. He is truly my best friend and makes my heart and soul complete.


As you probably know, this is Lauren. My older sister. She's also my best girl friend. We all call her Mama Bear. Whenever one of us is acting a little jerky, she straightens us out. Whenever someone else is hurting one of us, she goes into bear mode. She's passionate and sometimes a little OCD. She rarely wants to do anything risky, but lets us do it anyway, but tells us if we're going to get caught. She's practical and very academic. Most of all she reminds me of Hermione Granger. She's always loved giraffes and recently she's addicted to anything Hello Kitty. She always says either do something completely or not at all. She's really the whole meaning of a Gryffindor. She's musically inclined and she's writing more and more. We're really nothing alike. Sometimes I want to strangle her, and then later I'm reminded why I didn't.


This is Casie Ann. She's in college, and she's quite a bit older than me. She just turned twenty one during the summer. I always describe her as a true Hufflepuff. She loves to help people, and she can be pretty kick-butt when she wants to be. When she gets to laughing it makes you laugh, and when she gets to crying you wanna cry with her. She hates going to town alone, and she loves Dr. Pepper. She's a genius at the guitar, and I love it when she sings. We have the same taste in books, and we want to write one together about powered people. We love talking about drawing, and trying to perfect our skills together. She's an ASL major, and whenever she's a councilor at camp I always like being her student. She's really deep and thoughtful, and one of the most godly people I know. She's sweet and kind, and sometimes it's really frustrating. Because she's even sweet and kind to the people she doesn't like, which makes her really strong. I wouldn't change anything about Casie.


This is Hunter. I like to think of him as the jock in the group. He runs cross country and track, and he's really good at it. He's super ambitious and when he says he's going to do something, he will. It's weird but I always see Harry Potter in him, just his quiet coolness and his loyalty. He's the only one in our little group who wasn't around when we were younger. We met Tanner when we were around ten, but Hunter not until we were younger teenagers. But he fits in with us as if we knew each other since we were in diapers. He calls me his bro, and I call him my sis. We like to bicker and make fun of each other, but even though he can be quite sensitive, we never take it too seriously. He plays guitar, and he's awesome at magic tricks, and he's really, really terrified of bears.


This is Brad. He's a trouble maker. Well. We're all trouble makers. But Brad's just crazy. I've always looked up to Brad, even though sometimes we can butt heads. Me and him don't always have the same opinion on things, and sometimes I get so annoyed with him I just want to punch him in the face. But he's the perfect example of loving someone out of true friendship even though sometimes you don't always get along and don't always like what they do. He loves to figure out how to survive in the woods for long periods of time by himself, and build shelters out of branches and stuff. Brad has a certain comfortable quality about him that makes everyone just feel at home. He likes to play cards and do card tricks, and he taught himself how to play guitar. He's a super genius, he's extremely smart, amazing at any kind of mathematics, and he's really good with computers. He's also in college, and he's Casie's little brother. We have this handshake, even though it's not so secret.

I'm a trouble maker too, I must admit. I usually put the ideas in peoples heads. It was my idea to go swimming in our underwear at midnight. My idea to climb on the giant moose outside of The Outfitters when the employees weren't looking. My idea to sneak into the abandoned house on the corner of the street, which I'm hoping to convince them all to do this weekend... But even through my troublesome ideas, my friends still love me and have always been there for me. Last May all the people in my life kind of showed their true colors. And those guys ^^^ were always there, giving me what I needed and helping me through stuff. They weren't busy worrying about how they were hurt, or even worrying about me. The 20th of May was rough, and as soon as they all heard the first place they were at was me and Lauren's side. Not many people can say that. But these people above can. I'll always be there for them like they were there for me. I will always, always love them through thick and thin.

5 comments:

  1. This is really sweet. My sister is my best friend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Hunter.
    He's cute.
    I love you seeester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raz Darnell - Awe, thanks :) Wasn't sure if I'd get hate for this. Which would really make no sense since it's just love.
    Laurennnn. Not as cute as Tanner. I hate you seester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um... yeah. One other minute detail with this post?
    Best "girl" friend??? Um. Hello. I'm your best all around friend.

    ReplyDelete