Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

My Little Mushroom

I don't know why more people aren't completely ecstatic about Halloween. I mean, I don't see any blog posts on Halloween night, barely any facebook photos, and only a few I-had-an-epic-Halloween-statuses. And I really hope that's only because everyone's having too much fun to post. Halloween is so underrated. It's sincerely one of my favorite holidays ever. It's not "of the devil" and it's not bad in any way, and it certainly doesn't mean anyone's in denial for dressing up as someone you're not. I hate when people say at a certain age you're too old for Halloween and to go trick or treating. You are NEVER too old to dress up and go trick or treating. NEVER. Ever, ever, ever.
There is really nothing  wrong with Halloween whatsoever, especially if you're doing it for the right reasons. I think I have an obsession with Halloween because ever since us three girls were born, our Mother and our Grandmother would make us completely wicked awesome costumes. One year I was a pig (a year during those chubby toddler years) and I was absolutely adorable, my Mimi made the costume. One year I was Buzz Lightyear. One year I was a butterfly, and my mom made legit wings for me and glued sparkles on them, and my Mimi made the body outfit. I will surely do this kind of awesomeness for my future kids.
This year me and Lauren made our costumes, with only a little hands on help from our Mimi! Lauren was a garden gnome, and I was a red and white polka dotted mushroom! Last night I actually made my mushroom top, and Lauren put together her outfit and made her beard.
My mushroom top! A sombrero, bubble wrap, cloth, and a glue gun with masking tape.


Lauren before the beard. And Hunter, who was a very classic (and lace edged) ghost.

Michelle was adorable in her little Audrey Hepburn costume! Her pose was so cute.

Brad was a sniper, and he did his makeup in a few seconds. He could almost be a girl.



My Tanner was Big Bird! He was soooo cute and it was so him. And then my little mushroomness.


And afterwards we went to my Mimi's and had our favorite chili and sweets.
 We also had a major candy exchange. It was the bomb and I got lots of Reese's, while my Tanner got his favorite Fun Dips.
It was the best Halloween.
So Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. http://vampirefreaks.com/Rainbowseverywhere
    This kid is faking your boyfriend Tanner, as in stealing his pictures!
    - niqqa-is-a-w-anchor @ VF

    ReplyDelete