Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Confundo


This is not my cat. This is Michelle's (the chick I did senior pictures for) big kitty. I'm here to tell you I'm on a roll guys! Wedding pictures done, Michelle's senior pictures done, now I'm onto editing Lauren's!
I've gotten a lot accomplished this weekend.
I also realized how very behind I am on summer pictures. Still haven't went through the fourth of July fireworks, concert, and creative pictures. And I just took 600 some pictures of a Native American Pow-wow that I just got back from so I have those to add to the pile. And I have yet to upload the fair photos. I'm behind, but I'm getting there. Once everyone has the pictures they're supposed to have, I'm sure I'll get caught up sometime.


I also recently watched The Half Blood Prince again. (Meaning last night at 2 in the morning.) Andddd I have to say when Harry used the Sectumsempra (totally just spelled that without Google's help) curse on Draco, I could've put my hand through the screen and ripped Harry's head off. Don't get me wrong. I love Harry. Harry's that one hero that walks through hell and somehow manages to still be able to smile at the end, which I know I could never be able to do. I totally respect Harry. He's a great person and deserved more than he bargained for. I mean, he was the Chosen One, and he could've turned around and left everyone standing with their heads swiveling, but he decided to step up. That's big. He wasn't the Chosen One because Voldy chose him, he was the Chosen One because he decided to be. BUT.
Draco is that pariah that somehow, in some big or small way, everyone can relate to. What would the light be without the dark, right? What's the story without the villain, correct? Not that he is the villain... You catch my drift. Anyway, I just see it like, HARRY YOU JUST CAUGHT YOUR ARCH NEMESIS IN A FREAKING BATHROOM SOBBING BECAUSE VOLDEMORT'S GOING TO KILL THE ONLY THING HE'S EVER LOVED. AND YOU DECIDE TO ACCUSE HIM ABOUT SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT EVEN SURE ABOUT, AND SHOOT SPELLS AT HIM AT HIS MOST VULNERABLE TIME? Kick him while he's down, I guess, huh? Retarded. I mean, I guess I just saw great and immense opportunity in that moment. Harry had two options. Draco had two options. Do what they did and try to push each other down like a pack of blood thirsty ravaging wolves. Or. Right then and there they could have made their peace, and a whole lot of people wouldn't be dead, and they wouldn't have to learn things the hard way. Even seeing this as clearly as I do now, I honestly have no idea what I would do given their situation. I just know that Harry was stupid. They were both stupid. "Blinded by your hate," as Lupin would say.
And it's not even just Harry. If Draco would've decided to not shoot the first spell out of his wand, the main fight could've even maybe gotten avoided. Stupid.
And then Harry did the Sectumsempra curse and Draco could've really died, and even though they were arch enemies, Harry never would've been able to forgive himself if that would've happened. If Snape hadn't been there. There's just so many if's in that whole scene/chapter.
Sorry for that ramble. Had to put my confused thoughts into words to organize myself.
Anyway, J.K. Rowling is a pretty weird person with a divine view on life.
And picture of the bride? Sure.

And oh my gosh guys. The Pow-wow was incredible. First off, the itty bitty adorable kids were ADORABLE. Everyone's costumes were absolutely amazing. Their jewelry was to die for. The food was soooo good. The music was so awesome, with their drums and their voices. Like I said, I got a lot out of it. And there was this artist that had her own vendor and her stuff was so unique that it was truly inspiring. I'm a bit Native American, actually. I'll have to explain that someday.
But I was deeply inspired by this Pow-wow. As soon as I got home I drew this Indian-inspired girl, dancing. I like it. I also think I'm going to start making jewelry. I always say that. But I really do want to start sometime. I really want to make myself a dreamcatcher necklace. Fill you in on that later!
It is 12 32 at night (or morning, whichever) and I usually don't get to bed until at least 2. So I think I'm gonna do a bit more picture editing, and then I might read the rest of the Deathly Hallows. 'Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment