Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

100!

POST 100!!! Or so my dashboard says, but it can sometimes be a crap mess, so I could totally be off here. If it's not, LET'S JUST PRETEND!
I'm in a mood today, so I will probably ramble and I dunno if I even have any pictures for you.
Firstly: The Fray. My current song. "You got some kind of nerve, taking all I want." Sooo good. Sooo powerful Yuep.
Also, I went antiquing and rummaging today! It was a very good time. I found a new antique store that I absolutely LOVE, I didn't buy anything from there but I saw a lot of things I love and would like to get later. There were vintage gloves from the 1800's that fit me perfectly! I adored them. There was an antique silver and gold cameo necklace. I adored that too. And a turquoise and ruby ring that was cool too. A gorgeous painting of Mark Twain. Vintage movie studio lights! They were so awesome! A dresser that was made in Italy and, no lie, the drawers were in the shape of bubbles. It was so cool. And foreign. And vintage. There were multiple other things that were completely awesome. I will definitely be going back there when I have loads of cash.

Then at a resale shop I got an awesome amount of cheap books! Sit down for what I am about to tell you. (I don't know why you would be standing anyway, if at the computer?) I bought Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for 25 cents! FREAKING JACKPOT! I also got The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Wedding, and the Complete Collection of Sherlock Holmes (which is no lie, the Sherlock Holmes bible) all together for under five bucks! It was insanely wicked. And then I came home to see that my mother had bought me my favorite Harry Potter book! Guess, anyone?!? THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX. Definitely a day for book prizes. Totally ecstatic.
My mother also bought the DVD version of The Prince of Egypt. Ecstatic for that too. Did you know Ralph Fiennes plays Rameses from that movie and also Voldemort?
I also just read something that said "I hate how Percy Weasley, who followed the rules, did as he was told, respected his elders and worked hard in school, was seen as the "bad guy."" I wish I knew a way to know who wrote that. I have so many points to disagree with them. He was seen as the "bad guy" or at least, the least liked of the Weasleys by Harry, because he was a stingy workaholic that snapped orders and yelled insults at his whole family twenty-four seven. He was disliked because of his personality, not because he listened to people that were above him or because he followed rules. If he teased his brothers back rather than insult them when, for say, the twins picked on him because he wouldn't get on a broomstick, then people would've liked him a lot more. Percy has no humor about him, and if he does, it's not shown. Secondly, he didn't respect his elders, and the proof is all the ridiculous things he said to his parents in, I believe, the 5th book. He called Mr. Weasley lazy and insane, and he shut the door in Mrs. Weasley's face. Sure, he respected most elders. You know. The ones at the Ministry and the ones that thought Dumbledore was despicable. And just because he worked hard in school doesn't mean everyone sees him as the "bad guy." Hermione worked very hard in school. She's brilliant. Everyone seems to love her even still. Come to think of it, there wasn't a Hogwarts student that DIDN'T work hard. And my last point, sometimes "doing as your told" and "following the rules" is exactly what makes you wrong.


I also want to re-read The Children of Hurin, by J.R.R. Tolkien. I remember it being so good, but the last time I read it was like ten. I'm not exaggerating. Lauren and I have always been educated in our reading from a young age. At eleven she was reading C.S. Lewis and I was reading J.R.R. Tolkien.
P.S., I'm wearing basketball shorts and they're soooo comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment